Monday, April 16, 2012

First Game

Well I had my first indoor game of the spring season last night and we drew 8-8. Not bad for a team of "free agents" with 1 sub against a full side plus multiple subs. I didn't do as well as I would have liked but I chalk that up to first game rust and low endurance at the end of the game. I had 2 shots that were saved on a couple nice plays by the keeper, but I should have had a few more if my legs didn't want to give out.

Being my first competitive game in over 2 years, let me tell you, it's not as easy as I remember. I think I'm getting too old for this! Of course on the other hand, it could be we only had 1 sub so I was out on the field for 40 of the 50 minutes. I woke up real sore this morning that's for sure. I also ended up with a nice blister on my left foot from my new shoes, but hey it's all part of the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment